Scientific Collection Permits

The Division of Fish and Wildlife issues permits to collect protected wildlife, finfish, shellfish or their nests or eggs for scientific, education or propagating purposes.

Permits are issued for up to one year and may require review and approval from a relevant taxa project leader.

For questions about wildlife permits, please contact Matthew Young, at 302-735-8677.

For questions about fisheries permits, please contact Rebecca Hoover, at 302-739-9914.

Note: A federal permit is required in addition to a state permit to collect migratory birds or an endangered species. Please provide copies of any federal permits issued when applying for a Delaware scientific collecting permit.