Conservation Access Pass

DNREC’s Conservation Access Pass provides needed funding to help the DNREC Division of Fish and Wildlife maintain and improve public access, facilities, and wildlife habitat on State Wildlife Areas.

Ashton Tract

Where Can You Get Yours?
Annual Pass (July 1 through June 30)
Delaware Registered Vehicle $32.50
Out-of-State Registered Vehicle $65.00
3-Day Pass (3 consecutive days)
Delaware Registered Vehicle $10.00
Out-of-State Registered Vehicle $20.00
Resident Senior Lifetime CAP
Delaware Resident Seniors $65.00

A Conservation Access Pass is required for all registered motor vehicles accessing Delaware’s State Wildlife Areas for any allowable activity, including, but not limited to, hunting, birdwatching, hiking and photography.

Hunters can get one free annual vehicle pass with the purchase of a hunting license. That vehicle pass will be valid to access State Wildlife Areas for both hunting and non-hunting activities.

As of July 1, 2022, Delaware residents aged 65 and older have the option to purchase a Resident Senior Lifetime Conservation Access Pass for a one-time fee of $65. Individuals who purchase this Resident Senior Lifetime Pass are permitted access to the same designated Delaware State Wildlife Areas as other Conservation Access Pass holders. For more information about this new type of pass, please read our list of frequently asked questions and answers.

Conservation Access Passes are available as annual passes (July 1 through June 30), as three-day passes (good for three consecutive days) or as a lifetime pass (good if age and residency requirements are met). Vehicle passes may be transferred to a vehicle of the same ownership for a fee of $10. Lifetime passes are non-transferable. However, a Resident Senior Lifetime Conservation Access Pass can be used in any vehicle provided the pass holder is the driver or a passenger of the vehicle accessing Delaware’s state wildlife areas where passes are required.

Questions? Read our list of frequently asked questions and answers or contact the DNREC Recreational Licensing Office at 302-739-9918 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).

Where to Use Your Conservation Access Pass

The Conservation Access Pass is required for entry to the State Wildlife Areas listed below. Tidal and non-tidal fishing and boating access areas listed in the Delaware Fishing Guide do not require a Conservation Access Pass, except for certain non-fishing, non-boating uses at Assawoman Wildlife Area (listed below). A Conservation Access Pass is not required to access the C&D Canal Conservation Area including the Michael N. Castle Trail.

Assawoman Wildlife Area, including the Okie Preserve
Except to launch a boat, fish or crab at Sassafras and Mulberry Landing boating access areas, Strawberry Landing dock and pavilion, and Memorial Pond

Augustine Wildlife Area
Except Augustine Beach boating access area

Blackiston Wildlife Area

Cedar Swamp Wildlife Area
Except Collins Beach boating access area

Eagles Nest Wildlife Area

Industrial Forest Land Wildlife Area including Barr and Laurel Complexes

Little Creek Wildlife Area
Except Port Mahon boating access area, DNREC offices on the wildlife area

Marshy Hope Wildlife Area

McGinnis Pond Wildlife Area
Except McGinnis Pond boating access area

Midlands Wildlife Area (East and West Tracts)

Milford Neck Wildlife Area
Except DuPont Nature Center and Cedar Creek boating access area

Nanticoke Wildlife Area
Except Phillips Landing boating access area

Norman G. Wilder Wildlife Area including the C&R Center

Old Furnace Wildlife Area
Except Concord Pond boating access area

Prime Hook Wildlife Area

Tappahanna Wildlife Area

Ted Harvey Conservation Area
Except Scotton Landing boating access area

Woodland Beach Wildlife Area
Except Woodland Beach boating access area, fishing pier, Aquatic Resources Education Center and associated fishing ponds