Fish and Wildlife License Fees

Information on fees for licenses, registrations, permits, and passes from the Delaware Division of Fish and Wildlife.

Delaware Resident Non-Resident Agent Fee
Resident Hunting License (Ages 16 to 64) $39.50 N/A $2.50
Non-Resident Resident Hunting License (Age 16 and Over) N/A $199.50 $2.50
Junior Hunting License (Age 13-15) $5.00 $50.00 $2.50
Non-Resident 3-Day Hunting License (Small Game) (Age 16 and Over) N/A $75.00 $2.50
Resident Guide/Hunting License (Ages 16 to 64) $159.50 N/A $2.50
Non-Resident Guide/Hunting License (Age 16 and Over) N/A $475.00 $2.50
Trapping License $10.00 $75.00 N/A
Resident Hunters Choice/Quality Buck Tag Combo $20.00 N/A $1.50
Non-Resident Quality Buck Tag N/A $50.00 $1.50
Non-Resident Antlered Deer Tag N/A $50.00 $1.50
Additional Antlerless Deer Tag $20.00 $20.00 $1.50
Wildlife Area Deer Stand/Waterfowl Blind Lottery Permit $20.00 $20.00 $1.50
Waterfowl Stamp $15.00 $15.00 $1.00

Delaware’s hunting and trapping license year covers the period of July 1 through June 30.

Resident and non-resident hunters born after January 1, 1967, must complete a 10-hour safety course before obtaining a hunting license.

Resident and non-resident trappers born after January 1, 1978 must complete a 6-hour trapper education course before obtaining a trapping license.

All individuals receiving monetary or in kind compensation for providing personal guide service to hunters are required to have a Delaware Guide License.

A Federal Migratory Bird Hunting Stamp is required for any person 16 years or older to hunt waterfowl. Stamps are sold at Post Offices. No exceptions are made for persons 65 years or older for purchasing Federal Stamps.

Any Maryland resident who is licensed to hunt snow geese in Maryland with a resident license, or who has a legal right to hunt snow geese in Maryland without a license, may hunt snow geese (only) in Delaware but must have a Delaware state waterfowl stamp.

Certain residents and non-residents may be exempt from the requirement to purchase a hunting or trapping license but they must obtain a free License Exempt Number (LEN) before hunting or trapping.

Delaware Resident Non-Resident Agent Fee
Resident Fishing License (Ages 16 to 64) $8.50 N/A $2.50
Non-Resident Fishing License (Age 16 and Over) N/A $20.00 $2.50
7-Day Non-Resident Fishing License (Age 16 and Over) N/A $12.50 $2.50
Resident Trout Stamp (Ages 16 to 64) $4.20 N/A $1.00
Resident Young Angler Trout Stamp (Age 12-15) $2.10 N/A $1.00
Non-Resident Trout Stamp (Age 12 and Over) N/A $6.20 $1.00
Boat Fishing License (20 feet or less) $40.00 $40.00 $2.50
Boat Fishing License (Over 20 feet) $50.00 $50.00 $2.50
Head Boat License $300.00 $600.00 N/A
Charter Boat License $150.00 $300.00 N/A
Fishing Guide License $100.00 $300.00 $2.50

Delaware’s fishing license, which must be purchased annually by recreational anglers, covers both fresh and tidal waters and is valid for recreational crabbing and clamming. Licenses are good for the calendar year.

In addition to the license, recreational anglers (and shell fishers) also need a Delaware-issued Fisherman Information Network (FIN) number. If you purchased your fishing license (with the exception of the Non-Resident Boat Fishing License), your FIN number was automatically generated and appears on your license with no further FIN registration necessary. In some cases, such as when you are exempt from licensing requirements, you may need to apply separately for a FIN number though the ePermitting system.

Both the charter and head boat fishing licenses will cover the license holder as well as all persons fishing from the licensed vessel. Individuals fishing only from a charter boat or head boat do not need to have a separate FIN number.  Federal law requires all captains to maintain a log aboard the vessel for federal survey purposes.

Having a boat fishing license is an option that means anyone fishing on that boat will not need a separate fishing license. Thus a boat owner can hold a boat fishing license that takes the place of a fishing license for everyone aboard his vessel. A resident who buys a boat fishing license also will be given a regular fishing license to use anywhere in the state. Non-resident holders of boat fishing licenses will need to purchase a non-resident fishing license to fish elsewhere in Delaware when not aboard their vessels.

Certain residents and non-residents may be exempt from the requirement to purchase a fishing license but they may be required to to apply separately for a Fisherman Information Network (FIN) number though the ePermitting system.

If you need to re-print a recreational fishing license or boat fishing license, please log-in to the ePermitting system to access your documents. Save them to your device or print them out.

Delaware Registered Vehicle Out-of-State Registered Vehicle Agent Fee
Annual Conservation Access Pass $32.50 $65.00 $1.50
3-Day Conservation Access Pass $10.00 $20.00 $1.50
Conservation Access Pass Vehicle Transfer $10.00 $10.00 $1.50
Delaware Residents Non-residents Agent Fee
Resident Senior Lifetime Conservation Access Pass $65.00 N/A $1.50

Conservation Access Passes are available as annual passes (July 1 through June 30), as three-day passes (good for three consecutive days) or a lifetime pass (good only if age and residency requirements are met). Passes may be transferred to a vehicle of the same ownership for $10.

Lifetime passes are non-transferable. However, a Resident Senior Lifetime Conservation Access Pass can be used in any vehicle provided the pass holder is the driver or a passenger of the vehicle accessing Delaware’s state wildlife areas where passes are required.

For more information, contact the DNREC Recreational Licensing Office, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., at 302-739-9918 or via email at