Licenses and Permits

The DNREC Division of Fish and Wildlife manages licenses, permits, registrations, stamps and conservation access passes related to fishing, hunting, boating, and the use of state wildlife areas.

There are hunter safety and boating safety education requirements that must be met.

Manage Your Recreational Licenses on Digital DNREC

Learn more about the requirements for recreational hunting and fishing licenses, and access to state wildlife areas, in Delaware.

Use the Digital DNREC ePermitting system for recreational fishing and hunting licenses, license exempt numbers, deer harvest report cards and tags, deer damage assistance, hunter education, waterfowl stamps, permits, Conservation Access Passes, and harvest reporting.

If you do not already have an account, you can register on Digital DNREC.

Boating Registration

Delaware law requires the registration of all motorboats, including those powered by electric motors, if Delaware is its state of principal use. All motorboats launched from tidal access areas administered by the Division of Fish and Wildlife must be registered in Delaware or have a valid Tidal Access Boat Ramp Certificate.

Commercial Fishing

For information on commercial fishing and commercial fishing licenses, contact the Boat Registration Office at 302-739-9916.