Water Use Reporting

Water allocation permit holders in Delaware are required to record and report water usage each year. These reports are used by the Division of Water in long-term water supply planning and water conservation efforts.

Public, industrial, irrigation, golf course, and commercial users report monthly production for each water facility (well or intake) and a system summary of total monthly production for all facilities. Other information such as water levels, withdrawal rates, water transfers, and leak-losses is reported as required.

All allocated users are required to submit a water use report for each individual facility to report withdrawals from each well or intake. These reports can be submitted online or via fillable forms found on this page.

Different system summary reports are required depending on the type and location of the withdrawals.

Permit-holders for irrigation uses only need to submit an Irrigation Water Use Record covering the period of March through November.