Listen to this page using ReadSpeaker

 Pages Tagged With: "withdrawal"

Source Water Assessment and Protection

The Source Water Assessment and Protection Program provides for the assessment and protection of sources of public drinking water from both surface water and groundwater sources in Delaware.

Contact Us

Doug Rambo 302-739-9948
   Water Supply and Allocations     

Water Conservation

Drought watches, warnings and emergencies in Delaware are declared by the Governor, with guidance from the Water Supply Coordinating Council. In a drought watch or a drought warning, voluntary conservation measures are in effect. During a drought emergency, mandatory water use restrictions are imposed. Allocated users may

Water Allocation Permitting

A water allocation permit is required for all major water withdrawals under the Regulations Governing the Allocation of Water (7 DE Admin. Code 7303). The Division of Water publishes instructions and guidance for completing a water allocation permit application. A separate permit is required for water impoundments.

Water Use Reporting

Water allocation permit holders in Delaware are required to record and report water usage each year. These reports are used by the Division of Water in long-term water supply planning and water conservation efforts. Public, industrial, irrigation, golf course, and commercial users report monthly production for each water facility (well

FujiFilm Imaging Colorants, Inc. Withdrawal of Request for Major Modification

FujiFilm Imaging Colorants has withdrawn their application for a major modification to a standard coastal zone permit.

Water Supply Assessment and Protection

The DNREC Division of Water oversees major water withdrawals, greater than 50,000 gallons per day, from any surface water or groundwater source in Delaware. It permits and allocates withdrawals through the Water Supply Assessment and Protection (WSAP) program. The Division permits water allocations under the Regulations Governing the Allocation of