Skip to Page Content Governor | General Assembly | Courts | Elected Officials | State Agencies
  Photo: Featured Delaware Photo
  Phone Numbers   Mobile   Help   Size   Print   Email

Skip Navigation LinksDNREC : Division of Waste & Hazardous Substances


Business/Industry FAQs



General FAQ
Public/Homeowner FAQ

I’m interested in starting a business in Delaware. How do I find out what environmental permits I’ll need?


If you are starting a small business, please contact DNREC’s Small Business Ombudsman at 302-739-9909.  DNREC has a Regulatory Advisory Service that can help you identify all of the requirements for your business. 


How do I find information on redeveloping a Brownfield in Delaware, and what Brownfields sites are available for development?


The Division of Waste & Hazardous Substances has been working over the past few years to streamline its Brownfields process to reduce the time necessary to cleanup a site, and protecting workers, public health and the environment. WHS also has grants and loans for Brownfields redevelopment, as well as a Brownfields Marketplace. For more information on Brownfields, click on the Brownfields website or contact the Site Investigation and Restoration Program at 302-395-2600.




site map   |   about this site   |    contact us   |    translate   |