Skip to Page Content Governor | General Assembly | Courts | Elected Officials | State Agencies
  Photo: Featured Delaware Photo
  Phone Numbers   Mobile   Help   Size   Print   Email

Skip Navigation LinksDNREC : Small Business Assistance Program : Regulatory Advisory Service

Regulatory Advisory Service for Businesses

DNREC Web Reboot Project Logo

This page has been updated and replaced as part of the DNREC Web Reboot Project.

The new location for this page is

Please update your links and bookmarks.

Learn more.


What is the Regulatory Advisory Service?

The Regulatory Advisory Service (RAS) comprises representatives from each division within the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control. This service can help business owners with environmental permits and other requirements and regulations that may apply to your new or expanding business.

The RAS cuts through the red tape for people seeking information about environmental permit requirements!

What Can the RAS Do For You?

  • The RAS coordinator can arrange for you to meet with representatives of all DNREC’s divisions that may require environmental permits and other approvals.
  • The RAS members can advise you of all permit requirements, standards to be met, and procedures to follow.
  • The RAS Coordinator will prepare a summary report of the RAS meeting for you.
  • The RAS can refer you to other federal, state or local agencies if necessary.

How Does the RAS Benefit You?

  • The RAS saves you the time and effort. Instead of trying on your own to locate all the appropriate environmental requirements and meet with the right people, the RAS brings the right people to you in a one-step personal meeting.
  • The RAS keeps you from discovering too late in the development or expansion process that a permit or approval has been overlooked.
  • By using the RAS early in the planning stages, you may avoid the expense of having plans redesigned to meet state requirements.

When Should You Contact the RAS?

  • When you are considering purchasing property for development.
  • When you are in the first phase of planning a business requiring any state environmental permit, license or other approval.
  • When you are considering expanding your present operation.
  • When you are considering relocating your business.

How Do You Contact the RAS?

You may contact the RAS by calling Michelle Jacobs at 302-739-9069, (FAX: 302-739-6242) or by email: You can use the RAS Information Sheet to begin the process.

We’re Here To Help You!

site map   |   about this site   |    contact us   |    translate   |